Why we like it
- Great views overlooking the Luangwa River floodplain.
- Real walking safaris with experienced guides.
- Fabulous wildlife all round, with leopards abound!
- Great value for money and makes for a good combination with Island Bush Camp and Three Rivers Camp.
- Hide for photography and on the edge of the Park for easy access.
- Newly renovated for opening 2019!
“Newly renovated traditional Zambian lodge in an awesome setting, with great personal service and fantastic wildlife”View on Google Earth
Kafunta River Lodge is a classic Zambian safari lodge and combines all the essentials for a great safari. Here you will find the rest and peace you need after an exciting day on safari, in combination with personalised service and a warm welcome by the team.
Each of the luxury private chalets and the main lounge & dining area overlook the game rich flood plain. Beyond the plain is the Luangwa River and one of the best game viewing areas of the magical South Luangwa National Park. Kafunta River Lodge is situated on the edge of the Park making for easy access and is open from April to early January.
The eight private safari chalets have been built on raised wooden platforms and have thatched roofs. They are tastefully decorated with African style and charm. All were refurbished in 2014 to a high standard. Additionally, there are two luxury suites which feature a private deck, an upstairs viewing veranda and a luxurious bathroom.
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Contact SAFARI FRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!