Why we like it
- 30 minute drive from Livingstone, 36km upstream of Victoria Falls
- River facing chalets
- Activities include day trips to the Falls, horse riding, birding, bush walks, bike rides, rhino tracking, community and historical visits, and river cruises
Peace is found in the flow of a river, and eco-friendly, luxurious guest rooms all face the Zambezi. Chundukwa River Lodge is owner-run and a champion of locally made and personal hospitality.View on Google Earth
The boutique bush lodge has five intimate, river-facing guest chalets, open-fronted for a greater connection with nature, and one riverside family cottage. You’ll hear hippos grunting every evening, before they come onto the property to graze the lawns behind the chalets.
Chundukwa River Lodge is a destination in itself, half an hour’s drive from Livingstone, 36km upstream of the Victoria Falls. Retreat, relax, recover, horse-ride, bird-watch, cruise on the Zambezi, explore the Victoria Falls and try some of the adventure and safari activities in the area. This patch of paradise has been in the family for over 50 years. The lodge is renowned for its riding stables with horses for all abilities, child-friendly farmyard animals, delightful staff and delicious meals.
Experience & Activities
The essence of the Chundukwa experience comes through in the combination of the Victoria Falls Day Trip, together with time spent enjoying all that the lodge has to offer. Whether you are seeking to see and experience the Falls in as many ways as possible, or adrenaline-inducing adventures, or just a tranquil bush experience, Chundukwa can book and arrange all your activities for your time, and put together an itinerary tailored to you.
The Fully Inclusive package includes a sunset or sunrise boat cruise, as well as a private guide and vehicle to take you to Victoria Falls, transfer you between your chosen activities, and guide you around Livingstone. There is a stable yard with horses for riders of any experience. Birding, white rhino tracking, engaging with the local culture, and taking historical tours mean that you’ll never be short of something to do.
- Kingfisher River Chalet: The Kingfisher River Chalet is perfect for honeymooning couples. This thatched, open-fronted, wooden chalet sits on stilts on the edge of the river and features a king size bed with mosquito net, bathroom with double sinks, outdoor shower, beautiful old teak flooring and panoramic views over the Zambezi river. An additional bed can be added.
- Jacana River Chalet: The Jacana River Chalet can sleep up to 4 people and is ideal for couples, friends or families. The room has king/twin beds, and two additional beds can be added. This thatched, open-fronted, wooden chalet sits on stilts on the edge of the river and features a double shower and double sinks, beautiful old teak flooring and panoramic views over the Zambezi river.
- Francolin River Chalet: The Francolin River Chalet is perfect for couples, especially honeymooners. This thatched, gauzed, wooden chalet sits on stilts on the edge of the river and features a balcony, king size or twin beds, double showers, a large bath overlooking the river and panoramic views over the Zambezi river.
- Honeyguide River Chalet: The Honeyguide River Chalet is ideal for couples and friends alike. This thatched, open-fronted, wooden chalet sits on stilts on the edge of the river and features a king size or twin beds, en-suite bathroom with hand-crafted mosaic shower, beautiful old teak flooring and panoramic views over the Zambezi river.
- Bee-Eater River Chalet: The Bee-eater River Chalet is perfect for both couples and friends. This thatched, open-fronted, wooden chalet sits on stilts on the edge of the Zambezi river and features a king size or twin beds, with a balcony that links the bedroom and bathroom. The shower is open-fronted, overlooking the river, and the bedroom has beautiful old teak flooring and panoramic views over the water.
- Chundu Cottage: A beautiful family-friendly, thatched 3-bedroom home on the Zambezi River, privately hosted and catered for. It has 1 main bedroom, en-suite with double sink and shower, 1 King/twin bedroom, and 1 upstairs loft space King/twin. There is one large bathroom with skylight shower, double sinks and separate toilet. The cottage has an open plan kitchen and lounge area, a covered Patio, an open deck leading onto plunge pool (pool has a fence so little ones cannot have access without their parents), and a private fireside/dinner/sundowner area, on the river bank.
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Contact SAFARI FRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!