Why we like it
- Remote BIG 5 location with few others around
- Great community involvement and sustainable tourism
- Unique walking safaris and sleepouts in spectacular terrain
- The most diverse ecosystem in the Kruger
- The fever tree forest…. enough said!
- Great birding, including regular sightings of Pel’s fishing owl
Imagine lazing on your private deck, watching elephants follow the sunset towards the river. Hearing your heart beat to ghostly drums on moonlit nights and sensing the ancestors of the Makuleke in the stars and sand. Imagine falling asleep to the symphony of the bush, and rising with the sun. These are the experiences that await you at Pafuri Tented Camp.View on Google Earth
Pafuri Tented Camp is situated in the Makuleke Contract Park in the north of the Kruger National Park. This comfortable luxury safari accommodation stretches along the Luvuvhu River on raised wooden walkways.
A bush bar, swimming pool and al-fresco dining area offer everyday entertainment, and there’s plenty of space to unwind beneath the branches of the giant trees embracing the camp.
An extraordinary wildlife experience awaits. Large herds of elephant roam the area together with healthy populations of buffalo, antelope, leopard, hyena and more. Due to its fantastic riverside location Pafuri Camp is also the destination of choice for avid birders. Guests are regularly treated to sightings of rare species, including the elusive Pels Fishing Owl.
Experience + Activities
Guests are invited to take advantage of professionally guided morning and afternoon game drives to experience the extraordinary biodiversity, scenic splendour and history, for which the Pafuri region is renowned. More adventurous guests can opt for guided bush walks, during with the lodge’s guides will reveal many of the intimate secrets of the African bush. Close encounters with animals, both large and small, are commonplace and can be expected on each excursion.
- Tented Rooms – The camp offers 12 designer-tents with en-suite bathrooms, including indoor and outdoor showers. All the tents offer gorgeous views over the Luvuvhu River.
- Family Tents – There are seven family tents, that sleep families of four. All the tents offer gorgeous views over the Luvuvhu River.
Are You Ready For the Wild? Let's Talk!
Contact SAFARI FRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!