Why we like it
- A historical Cape Dutch working farm.
- Magnificent gardens spanning over 4 ha’s.
- Strong emphasis on sustainability and organic produce, farm to table concept
- Award winning restaurant & vineyard.
- Sophisticated cottages and suites.
- Guests are encouraged to explore the area and join in with the harvesting of fruit and vegetable.
Babylonstoren is located in the Cape Winelands, near the town of Paarl, only a 45-minute drive east of Cape Town.
This glorious, historical working farm dating back to 1692 offers a choice of elegant accommodation filled with a mix of antiques and designer pieces. The farmhouse has eight one-bedroom farmhouse suites and one one-bedroom farmhouse loft, ideal for families. The farm hotel has six one-bedroom suites, three one-bedroom cottages and four two-bedroom cottages for up to four guests sharing.
The ever-changing gardens are divided into 15 sections that comprise of fruit, vegetables, berries, fragrant lawns, indigenous plants and so much more!
As a guest you can explore the estates many delights, whether it’s a meal in the old cow shed – now the award-winning Babel restaurant with its farm to fork menu or wine and cheese tasting in the gabled farm shop.
In addition to the gardens, the farm has a gym, spa and outdoor swimming pool and offers a host of other outdoor activities. It is a perfect base for hiking, cycling and exploring the Winelands area.
Arguably the quintessential wine estate in the whole of the Western Cape!
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Let us know if you want this to be a part of your next life changing journey with us!