Why we like it
- One of the best scuba diving and snorkelling sites in the world with three-kilometre long, protected coral reef
- Swim with manta rays, whale sharks, turtles and a great variety of colourful sea fish
- Pristine beaches and crystal-clear water
- Africa’s largest population of the endangered dugong
- A paradise for birdwatchers, with over 180 species of birds recorded
Vilanculos, a coastal town in Southern Mozambique and known as the gateway to the Bazaruto Archipelago has become a popular vacation destination. Its pristine beaches along the coastline of Vilanculos are great for horse rides as well as snorkelling and diving trips to the nearby islands. Stay at some beautiful Lodges right on the beach or go and explore the vibrant town with its buzzling food market and excellent marine life.
The Bazaruto Archipelago offers one of the world’s best diving and snorkelling where a variety of marine species can be seen including manta rays, whale sharks, turtles and Africa’s largest population of the endangered dugong. The Archipelago lies just off the Mozambique coast near Vilanculos, comprised of five pristine islands: Bazaruto, Benguerra, Santa Carolina, Magaruque, and Banque.
The Archipelago offers everything from action-packed adventure to tranquil beach retreats. In the channel between Bazaruto Island and Benguerra Island, the Two-Mile Reef offers excellent year-round diving for all levels of divers (from 6 to 22 metres) and an azure blue sea for swimming amongst the rich coral life. These idyllic island retreats are laid-back, romantic and peaceful.
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Contact SAFARI FRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!